- Published on Tuesday, 22 November 2016 21:54
- Published on Tuesday, 22 November 2016 21:50
Well done to those who took part in the Clontarf 5mile on Saturday last 19th Nov. Ciara Carter, 37.45; Mary Deery, 44.25 Pb and Mary O'Connor 48.38 Pb. Great running from all. (Those Thursday night hills are paying off)
Jean O'Kennedy ran 1.45.59 in the Half marathon, a good run from Jean as she winds down from a very impressive year.
- Published on Monday, 14 November 2016 23:02
Well done to all our athletes who competed in the Leinster Uneven Ages Championships in Tyrellspass, Co. Westmeath yesterday.
First up, we had Róisín Murray finishing an amazing 2nd place in the u9 girls race, to follow up on her 1st place in the Wicklow Championships a few weeks ago. Next were Rian Anafi-Fizgibbon and Fionn Begley, who both showed their massive recent improvement and finished well up in the top half of a very competitive boys u11 race with over 150 entrants!
- Published on Sunday, 11 September 2016 17:41
Congratulations go to Gary Condon, winner of the inaugural Fionnuala McCormack Kilomarathon (26.2K) on Saturday 10th Sept. Gary ran an excellent time of 1hr.34.16 to finish just over 1 minute ahead of John Travers, Donore Harriers.
Joe Cawley, 1.51.12, and Dominic Horan 1.59.46 were both on pacing duty today. Richard Kavanagh, 2.04.17 and Paul Allen 2.10.20, both of whom were happy to get a nice long run in. A well organised race over a really good tough course.
- Published on Thursday, 08 September 2016 22:17
At a well attended Club 5k H/Cap, despite the inclement weather, on Thursday 8th Sept, Peter Doran smashed his Pb in recording 23.52 and was first athlete home, 41 seconds ahead of the fast finishing Andrea Murphy. Denis Patterson just pipped Jason O'Connor and Aoife Boyle, in a photo finish for 3rd. Both Jason and Aoife recorded excellent new Pbs, Jason breaking 20mins for the first time and Aoife setting a new mark for the second time in a fortnight. Aoife Stokes was another lady to set a new Pb, 2nd one in 5 days. Paul Allen ran the fastest time of the night, an excellent 18.53. Well done to all who took part, our thanks to all who came along to help out and to those who brought cakes, buns etc. Our thanks to Cyril Smyth for his help with the start, timing and the compiling of the results. Full results below;
Name Gross H/Cap Nett
- Peter Doran 28.22 4.30 23.52 Pb
- Andrea Murphy 29.03 3.00 26.03
- Denis Patterson 29.07 7.00 22.07
- Jason O'Connor 29.07 9.30 19.37 Pb
- Aoife Boyle 29.08 6.00 23.08 Pb
- Emer Hynes 29.22 3.00 26.22
- Mary Deery 29.31 3.30 26.01
- Aoife Stokes 29.46 3.00 26.46 Pb
- Bernard Quinn 29.50 8.30 21.20
- Paul Allen 29.53 11.00 18.53
- Mark Duncan 29.59 5.00 24.59
- Elaine Casey 30.03 3.00 27.03
- Tom Cavanagh 30.05 8.30 21.35
- Elaine Nuzun 30.18 0.30 29.48
- Suzanne Foot 30.19 10.00 20.19
- Ana Molina 30.22 1.00 29.22
- Mary O'Connor 30.23 1.00 29.23
- Stefanie Unland 31.20 4.00 27.20.
- Published on Monday, 05 September 2016 19:18
Well done to all who took part in the Lakes 10k on Saturday 3rd Aug. Joe Cawley ran a fine 36:11 to finish in 10th place. James Nangle, 37.48; Suzanne Foot, 6th lady, 39.34; Georgina Devlin, 44.24; Siobhan Butler, 48.21; Andrea Murphy, 53.07; Emer Hynes, 53.42.
Full results at; http://www.totaltiming.ie/results/2016/the_lakes_10k_2016_fullresults.htm